- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup natural peanut butter *Wow butter to make school friendly
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 1/2 cup melted butter (vegan or regular)
- 1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla (or 2 tsp artificial vanilla)
- 3 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I use medium)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix wet ingredients until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Press mixture into a greased 9x13 pyrex container.
- Bake at 350 F for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- It really depends on your oven, it could take longer, keep a close eye on them.
- The granola bars will feel soft, but they will harden as they cool. Just make sure they're golden brown.
- Let cool completely before cutting them into bars.
- These freeze well.
*Wow butter works excellent in this recipe! My children don't like Wow butter on its' own, but love it in this recipe.