- 2 cups Pecans (toasted)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (optional)
- 1/8 tsp Sriracha Powder (optional)
- Toast pecans in oven at 425C, just until slightly browned.
- Let cool slightly.
- Combine all ingredients in food processor and pulse until combined and it looks like the consistency of beef. Do not over process.
- We like it spicy, add less or omit the optional spices.
- Also, make sure you’re using Sriracha POWDER, not the sauce.
- It’s totally fine to omit that as well (but Sriracha powder is freaking awesome on everything!).
- You can also make this with Walnuts (walnuts are pictured here), we prefer Pecans, or half and half.
- You also don’t have to toast the nuts, but I find it taste much better.
- I use this filling as the “meat” part for tacos, wraps, salads, burritos . . . Our favorite toppings are avocado, tomatoes, green onion, lettuce, fresh squeezed lime, salsa, plant based sour cream, cilantro . . . you can basically add anything you like!