- 1 pound dried green split peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp Oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups water
- 2 tbsp Veggie Better than Bouillon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Place the split peas in an even layer in the insert of a slow cooker.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, oil, bay leaves, salt and season with pepper.
- Add the water (no need to stir), cover and cook until the peas are soft, five to six hours on high or eight to 10 hours on low.