- 1 1/2 tbsp vegan butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 cup white wine (I used an old bottle of Pinot Grigio from the fridge lol)
- 5-6 cups broccoli (I used fresh)
- 4-5 cups water
- 3-4 tsp Veggie Better than Bouillon (or to taste-I tend to like salty)
- 2- 2 1/2 cups cashew cream (depends how thick you want the soup)
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Sautée onion on medium high in vegan butter and olive oil until translucent.
- Stir in garlic, thyme, paprika and parsley.
- Stir over medium heat a few minutes.
- Add white wine and broccoli.
- Cook on medium (or medium high depending on your stove top) until broccoli is almost fully cooked through.
- I covered mine here and uncovered to stir occasionally.
- You can also add a little olive oil here if needed.
- Add water, bouillon and cashew cream.
- Stir until combined and let simmer until broccoli is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- If desired, partially purée your soup.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.